Birthday Quiz & Competion results
A huge thank you to everyone who attended our birthday weekend celebrations.
Here is the correct answers to the quiz.
1. The river crossing almost an entire continent is the world’s longest and although the next world cup and olympics are in Brazil, the correct answer is the Amazon.
2. Nemo’s father is called Marlin.
3. Nauplii is to Brineshrimp, what Cyclops is to… Daphnia!
4. A PH below 7.0 is not alkaline. It’s acidic. Most got this one wrong.
5. The 3 largest African rift lakes are Lake Malawi, Lake Tanganyika & Lake Victoria. This question scored 3 points.
6. From Ammonia, to Nitrite and finally Nitrate. Most got this one right.
7. How many cm of fish can you add to a 54 l tank. This question was flawed as the answer changes depending on what type of fish you are keeping. With our apologies, we have decided to not reward any points to this question.
8. Polar bears does not eat penguins because they live on different continents.
9. A UK gallon is the same as 4.5 litres. We have accepted answers between 4 and 5 l.
10. The all female Swordtail tank that suddenly started producing babies and why? Swordtails have the ability to change sex if there are no males present.
11. Trick question. There’s always one. Artemia & Brineshrimp is exactly the same thing. No one got this right.
12. The world’s first artificial coral reef is currently being built in Dubai.
13. The killer whale that lives at Sea World Resort in Orlando is an actor who once played in Free Willy. That was not the answer. His name is Shamu.
14. There are many types of livebearers, but the most common are Platy, Molly, Guppy, Swordtail and Celebes.
15. Aqua Parade has just finished celebrating its 3rd birthday.
16. Carassius Auratus is the latin name for…. Goldfish!
17. It’s not sardines. It’s not mackerel. It’s the anchovy that gives Worcester sauce its unique taste.
18. Our Crystal Palace is cleaned quick and easy with the help of a simple algae magnet.
19. Out of a hundred customers that come to the shop, we estimate that 70% reached for the pound that is glued to the floor by the door. We have not awarded points for the last two questions.
And we have a winner. With only 2 mistakes is Brian McClure. Please pop in to the shop and get your gift voucher.
Then there was the “How much water in the bowl” competition. The answers ranged from half a liter to 250 liters. The correct answer was 8.4 liters and the person closest was Steven MacDonald who guessed 8.49 liters. Please pick up your gift voucher when you are next in store. Susan McDougall and Brian Clark both guessed 8 liters and there’s a goodie bag waiting for you in store.
Thank you everyone once again. Here we go, into our 4th year!