This page will be continously updated during the evening.
The last customers have left the shop and counts and draws are under way…
We are correcting quiz sheets at the moment The winner appears to have 12 correct answers…
1. What come first? Nitrite or Nitrate?
The answer is Nitrite
2. The common name for Cyrtocara Moori is Blue Dolphin Cichlid.
3. Labyrinth fish is species with labyrinth organs that need to access the surface to breath. Examples of such are Siamese fighting fish and Dwarf Gouramis.
4. Surgeon fish is also called Tang.
5. The teacher in Finding Nemo was a Sting Ray named Mr Ray.
6. A Puffer blows up when threatened.
7. There are 4.546 litres in every Imp. gallon. That means there’s 455 litres in 100 gallon. We have accepted any answer between 450 – 460 litres.
8. If only female livebearers are present in a tank one or more will develop male genitalia and actually turn male.
9. The general guideline for stocking a tropical tank is 1cm of fish per liter of water. No one had the correct answer. To avoid further confusion (or controversy): These guidelines changes for coldwater fish, pond fish, marine fish only, and marine reefs.
10. If you’re Nitrates are high it almost always is due to over feeding.
11. PH below 7.0 is considered acidic.
12. A reflector can increase the strenght of light by 100%.
13. R/O stands for Reverse Osmosis. A process where water is pushed through membranes, becomes completely saturated and pure.
14. White Spot is a parasite.
15. There are 3 great cichlid laskes in the African Rift valley. If you answered Victoria, Malawi or Tanganyika you are correct.
16. Anthia belong to a group called Wreck fish.
17. Ocean Rock will buffer you water, but to be correct you needed to say it increases the PH.
18. There are many venemous fish. Lionfish, Scorpion Fish, Cowfish, Boxfish, Stingrays, Puffers & Corydoras are some of them.
19. Discus should be kept at around 28 degrees celcius.
20. A fish only grows to the size of it’s tank. Yeah right! Thankfully everyone got this one right!!!
2nd runner up and receiving a goodie bag with 9 correct answers is:
Wei Hau Wong
Runner up with 10 correct answers was Neil Tennant. Goodie bag for you too.
Winners with 12 correct answers, obviously benefiting from having both children, marine & freshwater tanks in the house is: Frank & Linda. Congratulations on you Betta Nano tank.
All winners can pick up their prizes as of tomorrow.
Gaby, Morgan, Naomi, Emma, Amy Jo, Kyle & Morgan S. You have all been awarded with a SSPCA medal that can be picked up in store for your wonderful drawings that are decorating the shop.
The raffle draw is next. Stand by…
We are drawing 10th-4th place first. Prices are a goodie bag containing food, remedies, plant fertiliser etc.
The winners are:
66-70 – John Ormiston
156-160 – Steven Fisher
406-410 – Paddy O’Rourke
276-280 – Anne McKinlay
96-100 – Chris Brown
91-95 – Michael Fraser
321-325 – Chris Yacomine
Main prizes coming up…
3rd-2nd prize is a GBP20 Livestock Voucher
76-80 Mrs Gilliland
301-305 Kirsty Cafferty
1st prize: An Aqua Fashion aquarium.
176-180 Garry Dryburgh
Please contact us and let us know which colour tank you prefer.
We have a couple of smaller goodie bags extra.
41-45 W McIntosh
666-670 Frank & Linda
The total amount raised for the event so far is 455.38 with a further 150.00 pledged. If everyone who has pledged can bring the money in to the shop ASAP we will be able to send a cheque for 605.38 to the Scottish SPCA Friday 26th October.
A big thank you:
To Steven for his sponsored climb. Natalie for her cupcakes.
To the Aqua Parade Ltd board for their administration and donation.
To Aquarian & EasyLife.
To all of you who came and supported us & the SSPCA this weekend.